About the role
This role will involve working in our Family Law Team, with duties such as: -
- Triaging enquiries from prospective clients
- Liaising with clients both in person and over the phone
- Email and mail management
- Detailed file management, with the assistance of the Family Lawyers
- Collating discoverable documents
- Assisting in Family Law files, drafting Court documents in Federal Circuit Court and Family Court of Australia
- Composing/preparation of Briefs for Barristers
- Filing Court documents on Commonwealth Court Portal
- Monitoring and management of Court dates and deadlines
- Managing calendars and scheduling appointments
- Dictation typing
- Maintain LEAP data base
- Taking instructions from clients where necessary
- Performing other related duties as requested.
Ideally 5 years+ experience as a Family Law Paralegal (Wills & Estates experience would be a bonus)
- Will be able to communicate effectively with clients
- Preferable knowledge of LEAP Practice Management Software
- Will have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A team player.
If you would like to apply for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume and a covering letter via email to our Practice Manager, Lee Bonney or give her a call on 9435-9044 to discuss further.